Negative or positive values in this new column provide information on the timeline of the process:
- Negative value = entering the document BEFORE posting
- Positive value = entering the document AFTER posting
- Value ‚0‘ = entering and posting on same date
For further processing use command “STRATIFY”.
We get the following view with parameters Minimum (-300), Maximum (1500) and Intervals (10):
To put it in a nutshell:
- Differences in days are calculated based on 2 date fields, and can be processed by other commands.
- Age structure of a dataset is obtained when using the AGE-command, looking backwards from a cutoff date, grouped into intervals.